Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, The only time I see my daughter is when she has a CEL on, lol!!!!! She is busy with college, work and boy friend. So she had a CEL, it was a bad O2 sensor, easy fix and I cleared the code with my scanner. She dropped it here for the weekend and left me a note and said the airbag light has been coming on. I drove it 25 miles to town and back to have it inspected and get new tags for her and no lights came on at all. I have read every thread here that I could find on the subject. I have checked the belt tensioners as well as all connections under the seat. Since I haven't seen the light go off I have no idea of the number of times it was flashing before and after a pause so I can look it up to see what the problem might be. Of course my daughter doesn't remember the sequence of flashes either. I have the car for the weekend, what else can I check while it is here? My scanner showed no stored codes, the place that inspected also said there were no stored codes. So does this mean the issue resolved itself? That has never happened to me before, lol!!!!! I appreciate any and all help.
NCH

·
Registered
521 Posts
These cars won't store an airbag code. You have to catch it in the act and go somewhere to have it scanned with the car still running. Real pain in the pooch. If you're using a regular OBD-II scanner, it won't get the airbag codes, which are Ford-specific beginning with B. There is a free program here you can download and use with a universal cable to read all codes on a Focus. I haven't tried it yet but hear good things: http://forscan.org/

Toby

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I was afraid of that. I have the special diesel software for my masterstroke, but I am not buying it for her car. Especially when I can't get the light to even come on, lol!!!! Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts