Need to find a new owner for my 2002 ZX5 and would love it if it went to a Focus fan. Selling because I have no excuse to keep the car, my other one is now the daily driver and I can use the insurance $$ elsewhere.

The car is located in NY Hudson Valley, but that's not where I live. I'll be on location Thu 6/9-Tue 6/14.

comment, PM here, or email: [email protected] - let's talk, come see it.

the car:

All stock except for the radio/CD (stock changer failed so I put in a Pioneer DEH-4800).

Original owner, dealer maintained, all maintenance records. No accidents.

176k miles. Camshaft belt replaced as scheduled service at 119k.

Runs well, spins up nicely, suspension tight, front struts changed at 100K - I still enjoy laying it into a turn.

Careful driver - I used its capabilities but didn't abuse it.

Not driven in winter since 2009, garaged continuously since 2018.

No body panel problems other than a minor tear in the bottom of the front skirt, a couple small paint chips on the hood and some bubbles forming under the paint on the rocker panels - other than that, no dents, no dings.

Front subframe started to crack around the engine mount bolt, I acquired a clean aftermarket part, coated it with POR15 and had dealer install it, they also put in new lower control arms.

otherwise average suspension member surface rust.

Clean interior, all mats, covers on front seats always. Not smoked in since 2017, one cigarette burn on driver's seat.

AC recharged at 100K, but failed again around 150K.

Conti ExtremeContacts (soft tread) will need replacement soon - 20K miles on them, 3/32-4/32 left, tread wear indicators nearing flush.

Stock wheels have some curb scrapes.

This got the features package that Ford offered that year:
  • power locks/remote (i have two remotes and two original keys, one unused)
  • power mirrors
  • ABS
  • traction control
  • 4-wheel disk brakes
  • fog lamps
  • tilt/telescope steering wheel