Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my hands on a nearly perfect ZX3 shell, the trans and engine are scrap. Engine had a connecting rod go through the block and the trans was supposedly slipping really bad although I can't tell considering the car can't run in its current condition.

First question is engine choice, should I buy reman or get a junk yard motor and rebuild it myself, how available are parts for this engine? If I go that route I want to replace everything without taking shortcuts.

Also I want to convert from an automatic trans to a manual transmission (any links on the topic that might point me in the right direction?)

I'm not asking for someone to hold my hand but any links for this topic would be awesome, i'll be doing more in depth research over the next few weeks. I'm hyped up to start this so that my wife and I will have yet another beautiful focus :)))

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
IDK how much cashola you want to pour into this...I'd find a good compression zetec & throw it in....as far as a trans swap, you know you'll need the pedals, cables, shift tower, master & slave cylinder, ect....I'd price out all the parts & your time/labor vs having the atx rebuilt & using that......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IDK how much cashola you want to pour into this...I'd find a good compression zetec & throw it in....as far as a trans swap, you know you'll need the pedals, cables, shift tower, master & slave cylinder, ect....I'd price out all the parts & your time/labor vs having the atx rebuilt & using that......
I'll call around and see what I can get done here, I'd prefer to have a manual especially out here in northeast Ohio. I'll be looking around the area for parts, I've already gotten a lead on an engine about a half hour away from me, gonna check it out Monday morning.

Once I start getting things torn down i'll start up a build log, thanks for the help m8.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts