Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2002 zx3 and it wont start doesnt make one noise either when you turn the key. The power options work, the radio and cd player and all the windows and lights. What could cause this? please let me know thank you.

Antoni

·
Registered
743 Posts
tap the starter...same thing happen to me

·
Registered
743 Posts
if you have a automatic dont know if that matter

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks... But you'll have to fogive me for my ignorance what do you mean by tapping the starter?[:D] [?]

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Take a wrench, find the starter. Tap the starter with the wrench, but not too hard, just enough to help trigger the springs inside of it, then try starting it.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i heard that when u do that u can shatter the internal parts, but obviously don't "tap" the starter too hard let us know what happens

·
Registered
24 Posts
if it were me i'd get the battery checked out first. just remove it, take it to advance auto or autozone and they can test it.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Unless the battery is really shot, and it doesn't sound like it since the other accessories work, you should at least get a relay chatter sound when starting if the battery was the problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
penguin said:
Unless the battery is really shot, and it doesn't sound like it since the other accessories work, you should at least get a relay chatter sound when starting if the battery was the problem.
The battery may be strong enough to power accessories.. but not enough to crank the car - which requires a substantial amount of amperage.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
"The battery may be strong enough to power accessories.. but not enough to crank the car - which requires a substantial amount of amperage."

Yes, but, as I said, in those cases it almost always has enough to make the solenoid/relay chatter, or at least click.

It is very unusual for a battery to go from starting fine one day, and then the next not to have enough power to even click the relay or solenoid the next. If you tell me you are hearing a click or chatter when trying to start, then I would suspect a weak battery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts