Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
What is the fuse number? and which fuse box? engine compartment or by driver?
Some of us may have Ford wiring manuals, may not be exactly for 2002 [mine is for 2000 and 2004]
Also you mean that there was not any voltage on either side of the fuse???

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
I think there's a "battery saver" relay on that circuit, Mike. But I also think it's after the fuse.
2002 - Fuse 35 - Interior lamps - 7.5 amps - passenger compartment fuse box.

Also you mean that there was not any voltage on either side of the fuse???
^This needs answering.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
meter shows no power coming into the fuse holder either side. I did forgot and left the door open must of the day. it was after that I noticed all interior lights quit. would the battery saver relay have tripped? if so can it be reset or does it get replaced?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
OK
It seems that this fuse is in the box called Central Junction box [by driver's side]
According to my 2004 Ford wiring manual the following fuses are on the same supply bus
32 15A,63 20A,30 10A,34 20A, 48 10A, 33 20A, 47 20A, 31 15A,36 7.5A, 35 7.5A, 37 25A
Fuse number is first followed by the amperage.
My gut feeling is there is a bad connection before the fuse.
If it was me, I would go to a junkyard [Ebay ?] and get this junction box so you can play around and figure out what the electrical/ mechanical details are
BUT if you do go poking around in that box be sure to disconnect the battery

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The battery saver has nothing to do with your problem: no power to either side of the fuse

Hint: try you meter out and see if you cannot see voltage on some other fuse maybe the meter is shot [happened to me]

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Well I went into an old engine bay Focus fuse box I got off Ebay and it seems the bus is probably composed of wires soldered together.
Hmmmm possibilities that the fuse terminal in the fuse box [makes contact with fuse] could have a bad crimp or was partially crimped onto wire insulation.
Broken wire
bad soldered bus joint

Since you live in Maine, maybe some road salt got kicked up into the fuse box and corroded some connections
The junkyard is your friend

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Help. Help, Help. I keep looking but can't find any reason for all the interior lights to not work. Any more ideas of were to look? Any one else had this problem?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Lots of us have a similar problem, but I think most that post in here have power at our fuse like me. Yours is a whole new issue that I haven't seen in my searches.

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Any more ideas of were to look?
On a 2002, confirm fuses 35, 36 and 63 are good.
After that, it's either the battery saver relay, GEM module, dome switch or the wiring. You've confirmed the bulb works, right? Just askin'.
pm me if you want a wiring diagram.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fuses 35 and 36 are good. I can't find fuse 63, the fuse box under the dash goes to 62 and the one under the hood has 64,65 but no 63. Where do I find it? Nice if that's the problem. also where is the GEM module? I swapped out the battery saver relay as per the troubleshooting guide in the Ford maintenance manual and it checked out good. I do have the Ford wiring manual for the 2002 Focus,

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
found fuse 63, it's good but changed it anyway, replaced 35 and 36 too, still no lights. I rechecked and found #36 does have 12v to it and #35 shows no power (key off or on)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I made a wire loop that plugs into the fuse socket and found 12v on #35 and 36 so my initial test was wrong, I do have power to the fuses. I did power the circuit direct, still no light. I popped out the dome light and powered it there and all lights came on. So now it seems the problem is after the fuse. I now found out that my power side mirrors don't work. Other treads here show the same problem but no one has said how they fixed it. What to check next?

·
Registered
483 Posts
The reason no one has stated how they fixed it is because I don't think anyone has found the cause yet. I know I haven't, my next step will most likely be to remove the dash to properly search for a wiring issue, so far all attempts to find it with the dash in place has failed, I'm hoping because of the tight space. But I think I'll wait till the weather warms up, doing this below freezing is not my idea of a good time.

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
It's a possibility. The same GEM module also controls your power mirrors. It's located on the right A-pillar. It's about the only thing other than a wiring break you haven't replaced/tested.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts