Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2002 ZX5 auto. It will not start in cold weather below 30 degrees.Turn the key and all power to everything but will not turn over. If you turn the key back and forth about a dozen times then it will finally start. Has new battery and new starter. Jump starting the battery has no effect. did some research on line and found some people with same issue but never found a solution

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
That's because all that's left is the wiring and most people cannot touch those types of issues.............using cheap crap budget jumper cables simply confuses the issue more. If only you knew the number of times I went outside and jumped off cars at the part store that they couldn't with their 'brand new' $12 jumper cables, of course then they curse you and want their money back after being dumb enough to buy them to begin with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's because all that's left is the wiring and most people cannot touch those types of issues.............using cheap crap budget jumper cables simply confuses the issue more. If only you knew the number of times I went outside and jumped off cars at the part store that they couldn't with their 'brand new' $12 jumper cables, of course then they curse you and want their money back after being dumb enough to buy them to begin with.
dude you lost me on the jumper cable comment[scratch]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
He was giving ONE example of jumpers not helping, there are others...

I can't really comment because of language confusion.

Title says "doesn't start", and first post mentions not turning over but starting after multiple key turns.

This year in particular, I can't guess whether "not turning over" means not starting or not cranking. The second is the correct meaning historically, but the first seems to be common usage now.

Any guesses are quite different depending on your meaning, turning the key a few times before it will start has a different set of causes than not cranking at all until after you try many times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts