Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a very nasty 2002 SVT for parts to build a SVT wagon from my 2002 SE wagon.
I barely got the thing home, 6 miles up the hill from the gas station it was parked at.
It was sputtering and popping most of the way, then would start reving past 3k once in a while.
Speedometer also stopped functioning at one stop sign, then started working again a half mile later.
When i got it home I scanned it and got PO135, PO720, PO722, P1000, P1270, P1518, then U1041, U1123, U1262, and B1359
I want to address the PO135, and P1518 first, i cant locate the O2 sensor, not like my Zetec at all.
There is a green O2 socket by the transmission with nothing plugged into it.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I finally found the upstream O2 sensor location, can barely get my finger up there the feel the empty hole.
How in the h__l do you get a O2 sensor in there?
Not a lot off room from that hole to the oil pan right above it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 ZX3 2.0, 2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT
953 Posts
Ok, I finally found the upstream O2 sensor location, can barely get my finger up there the feel the empty hole.
How in the h__l do you get a O2 sensor in there?
Not a lot off room from that hole to the oil pan right above it.
The 02 sensor is probably missing due to the header being bent. Probably not going to be able to get one in.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So how much of a gap should there be between the header flange and the oil pan lip?
Anyone could please post a picture for reference?
There is a dent in the bottom pipe before the flange on the drivers side tube.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got back under there and can barely get the tip of my finger between the O2 bung, and the oil pan, pan has a dimple right above the hole too.
It appears that my header has been pushed up and back?
I am assuming that the O2 sensor should be in front of the pan, not under it pointing straight up.
I think if I pull the cat off, I could use my porta power jack set and try to push the header back forward and down again.
Other option would be to find a ORP with the bung pointing to the side.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 ZX3 2.0, 2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT
953 Posts
Are you trying to get the SVT running instead of swapping parts to your wagon? Trying to bend a header that is bent that bad while attached to the engine is a horrible idea. Get another good used header. You will never get that header straight.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finding a used header is not going to be easy, SVT parts rarely ever come up for sale in my area. Thats why i ended up buying the whole car this last weekend.
I will post WTB in this group, and every other online for sale sute I can find.
I can call the lical wrecking yards and see if anything pops up there.
I have watched the local pick a parts site fir over 2 years now, never a SVT there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of course FB will not let me post a WTB on any of the groups pages. Violating thier policy of no intent to sell.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was supposed to get a straight header this last weekend, but the guy found it was in worse shape than mine when he went to grab it from his parts car.
I ordered a ORP out of England, dont expect it toll next month with that distance in shipping.
So current plan while I wait is to yank my header out, build a steel flange with studs to mimic the cylinder head, and try to straighten mine out at work on a very solid steel work table.
I called ford today to find that this car was #432 of the first year 2002 production, and it was fully optioned, with everthing available to add to it.
Has winter package, had audiophile stereo, and system 4 security system.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tom, unfortunately I'm currently broke as a goat for at least the next 3 weeks.
I spent every dime i had on parts for this red turd I had bought for parts for my SE wagon.
But I really want to see this car running as it should again.
Its currently flooding out and running extremely rich. It had a 1/4 tank of gas in when i bought it, drove it 6 miles home and moved it in and out of my drivewas once. It is now just above dead empty on the gage.
I also ran it in live mode on my bluetooth scanner, and it would not send any fuel preasure info at all. I tried the plug on the sending unit under the passenger rear seat and just got a blip in the idle but still no info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts