Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am having an issue with my svt that has been getting worse. I have searched the forums here and have not had any luck in coming up with a solution. The car has a high/hanging idle around 2200rpm when cold but goes away when warm(does this everyday on cold start). The major problem I am having is it has an intermittent stumble when getting off the highway or after idling for a period of time. The stumble is almost like it is starving for fuel and usually clears up after 10 or 15 seconds or after a good rev or two. This has been an issue since I got the car several months ago but only happened about once a week so I didn't think much of it but it happens every time I drive the car now almost.

I have a predator tuner that came with the car and I have a P2196 rich code.

A little more background on the car it has the stock airbox, external pcv unit, off-road cat pipe and a magnaflow exhaust. I have changed the plugs and wires and checked to see if the coil connector was damaged or had damaged wires and nothing. I thought maybe it was a fuel pressure regulator or an injector but don't just want to throw new parts at it to fix the problem unless I am confident that could be the issue. I am not sure what steps to take next in troubleshooting and I appriciate any help or advise anyone can offer. Thanks!

·
Trump 2016
12,990 Posts
Sounds like tuner promblem. The orp will make the car run rich. Try putting stock tune back then reinstall predator see what happens.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just tried that and predator said unable to restore factory tune. I tried to restore factory tune 5 times and got the same message every time. Now car will not start at all. Someone PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Removed fuses and gave it another shot. Was able to get the stock tune loaded back in. I will drive it today and report back with an update.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts