Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I've read and searched it seems there is always a question as to where the PCV valve is located on the various Foci. So I decided to snap a picture or three and share with anybody who is interested. I may be re-inventing the wheel but here it is just the same.

It is located in the back of the valve cover, drivers side. Pull the hose off and then twist the valve to your right about 1/3 of a turn. Pull it out. Voila! Your PCV valve.

Oh, the Motorcraft part number on the valve reads '21121 EV-244'.

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/pavil58pb/2002 Ford Focus PCV Valve/

Sorry for the blurry last image. Great shot of the DPFE sensor though...[facepalm]

Pav

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have another problem with my car heating/ac air blower fan. sometime its very noisy.
I guess i need to grease it or worst replace it.
But i don't know how to?

I am sorry for not starting new thread. Guess i kind of like "p58ff".
any suggestions p58ff
thanks

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
i have another problem with my car heating/ac air blower fan. sometime its very noisy.
I guess i need to grease it or worst replace it.
But i don't know how to?

I am sorry for not starting new thread. Guess i kind of like "p58ff".
any suggestions p58ff
thanks
check the motor visually i'd say. it should behind the glove box and the blower motor or at least the housing should be in plain sight with its connections. i've dealt with them before. i replaced one and the new one made a noise while in operation. i believe it went away though, dont remember for sure.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
thanks for your input.. but can u be more elaborate on how to check my blower motor ?
thanks
check if all the screws holding it in are in place and arent missing. also see if their tight.....i wish i could remember what it was that made the new blower motor in the van i worked on made the noise....im no professional or anything (far from it) but just some ideas...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Off the top of my head I'm not sure. I know my blower is a tad noisy too but I've got 158K miles on the car... It seems to me that the motor is, as the other fellow says, behind the glove compartment on the passengers side. I'd have to check a manual to be sure.

I doubt they are able to be lubricated, probably sealed bearings. Maybe find a wrecked Focus and rob it from that one.

I'll be back in a little while.

P

Edit: Looks like a straight forward procedure. Remove a piece of trim, remove the glove box, remove a duct from the blower motor, remove an electrical connection, and then remove the blower. I've never done it but the pictures make it seem easy enough.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, that's because I did not post any. I was looking at a Haynes manual for the Focus when I referred to the pictures.

P

1 - 14 of 14 Posts