Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I picked this car up a while ago for almost nothing. The previous driver drove over something, poked a hole in the oil pan, drove it till it over heated, and dropped a couple valve seats. Engine was toast. Having recently sold my 99 Contour SVT I was looking for another project for my winter driver. Here is some pics from the various stages of the build so far.

Also if anyone has questions on the SOHC, feel free to PM me. I've learned a ton of stuff on these engines and I pretty much know them inside and out now.

Finally its back in!

It's late and I am tired so thats all you get for now ;) I'll post some more up tomorrow.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
I love Contours, my family has had 3 of them over the years. The Contour SVT engine was almost the motor for the SVT focus but they decided against it due to packaging reasons from what I've read. Kind of hard to work on something if you can't get to anything lol

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Can't beat the pricing for a project car!

Looks like good work you're doing there.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
a project SOHC.. now this is interesting... sub'd

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have replaced pretty much every piece I could on this engine. Everything new if I could source it. I know its way over kill but it was a fun endeavor building this engine. Just waiting on a few last parts from rockauto and I should be able to get her all buttoned up this weekend.

Next will be a new rim, winter tires and brakes. Hopefully I can get this all done before snow flies lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love Contours, my family has had 3 of them over the years. The Contour SVT engine was almost the motor for the SVT focus but they decided against it due to packaging reasons from what I've read. Kind of hard to work on something if you can't get to anything lol
The CSVT was a blast. It was my last daily project car. I had to replace the rockers on it. You can see some pics here of it: http://imgur.com/a/kAg27

I hope some day I can pick another one up in mint condition. Really miss that car.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
Wow awesome! Nice to see someone wanting to mod an SPI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts