Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what the exact models are but I can get any info needed. I have a chance to buy a 2002 Sedan model for parts for my 2007 Sedan and I was wondering if the parts will fit. Most importantly the transmission but I have space to store any other parts I can use from it, the only issue with the 2002 as far as I know is that the chassis is rusted in spots and won't pass inspection.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Too few parts would fit for that purchase to make sense.

Mk1.5 ('07) has a different engine/transmission, different interior in many places, different front & rear body parts.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Mk1.5 ('07) has a different engine/transmission, different interior in many places, different front & rear body parts.....
I had a chat with a ford parts salesman yesterday (he does all the part ordering and the like for the ford dealership in my town) and he told me the only differences is a few parts on the front end,he said he used a program of ford's to compare the vin numbers, know anywhere I could do some further research?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts

As Sailor mentioned hardy any parts would work let alone the motor/trans. I'd pass on it & hit up a wrecking yard for what you need.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As Sailor mentioned hardy any parts would work let alone the motor/trans. I'd pass on it & hit up a wrecking yard for what you need.
Thanks, that would've been 300 down the drain. what years of the focus would have interchangeable parts that I could keep an eye out for?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
'05-'07 is the best match, they're all the same type.

Unless you needed doors or another body part that was the same I don't see where it would be useful, and you mentioned pretty rusted.

Even the front suspension/brakes are different, yours are the better ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts