Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so just recently i have been having this problem with my car. i have looked every where and cant find jack. ok so if i am very easy at the gas peddal the car runs normal. when i try to floor it it struggles, the RPM's reach to 3,000 to 3,400 and thats when the car starts to struggle. its an automatic transmission. I changed the filter and fluid 4 days ago and its still doing it. any help is welcome. oh and i recorded a video of the problem. here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADS-Evvj0uw

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i had the new motor in there since August of last year. the transplant went well. no problems unitll two days ago. i just gave it another test run. it didnt do the problem as bad as the first video but i still feel like its struggling a little. the second video i am uploading is almost done. i had flashed the computer with a tune from SCT to see if that fixed the problem but it didnt. it only made the transmission shift hard

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
My internet is acting up and I can't watch the second vid completely.

But I thought I spied the MAF being unplugged ...

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok so i found out what was the problem!!!. it was the elbow that connects the intake pipe to the throttle body. every time i would floor the car it would get sucked in to the throttle body causing the car to choke on high RPMS lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
my 2002 focus zx3 is doing the same thing you described. its fine on low rpms but if i give it gas to really get up and go it jerks. i replaced the fuel filter. and it was fine for the first 100 miles i drove but then it started to gradually do it again. not sure what the deal is, i really havent worked on mine like you have so i dont know wha the problem is. i lookon the internet before findin this site and got some suggestions that the catalytic converter might be clogged but i havent checked that yet. any ideas?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts