Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Someone gave me instructions how to fix the radio and CD player for a 2002 Ford Focus and I misplaced them. The volume knob turns up when supposed to go down, vice versa. And the CD player ate a couple CDs. Would appreciate it if you could send 'em again. Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there - if you managed to get those instructions, could I possibly get a copy as well? I seem to be having the same issues! Thanks!

·
Registered
15,720 Posts
Take note of the age of that last post. That guy was tripping and why there is no answer back.

If the 6006 player they are well known for the encoder for volume failing, you have to solder in a new one and if you pick the wrong part it reads backwards like the complaint. When worn out the encoder loses the start bit and then goes backwards too. The CD player portion is well known as well for shedding lots of plastic off the thin sheet steel carriage parts and they will hang up again and again once that begins to happen. If you get fairly warm in summer then give up, a new radio is the thing you want. Wait until the entire front faceplate comes loose, I bet it's right about there now.

That unit is fine until it gets old then it's not worth working on, BTDT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts