Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Ford Focus ZTS, I've owned for about 3 1/2 years so far, and I have a bad problem with it. I've gone through 6 radiator hoses (lower, upper, reservoir hoses, water inlet hose), 3 thermostats, 1 housing unit, and new fan censor and relay within this period of time. I'm averaging a hemorrhage of a hose now once every 2 months. It overheats in drive-thrus, at long red lights, or just because it's in place too long. The air conditioning does not work. I've had the fans serviced and looked at, and I don't think the high power fans are coming on (even though my mechanic claims it does), I'm about to sell the car, because I do not feel like having a panic attack whenever I drive my car. It has 126k miles on and like I said the AC does NOT work. Anyone have any clue as to what could be causing this issue? Or has anyone had this same problem?

·
Registered
357 Posts
My ac doesnt work :).. But thats because i need a new compressor solenoid. The issue with the radiator hoses is odd. Have you ever put stop leak in the system? If so have you flushed the system well? have you had the head gasket checked?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts