Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help from someone who knows a lot aboout turbocharging a focus. I wanna turbo charge mine the cheapest way possible and I need to know what to buy, how much time it will take and what the hp gain will be. Please help me out. Thank you

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
First things first: Turbocharging anything, PROPERLY, isnt cheap, and isnt easy. If your on a very limited budget, this may be something that's not attainable at this time.

Cutting corners can result in not only poor performance, but lousy reliability and potentially a non-operable vehicle.

I'll assume based on your info you have a Zetec. If you have an SPI, first thing is to sell it and buy a zetec or swap one in.

We sell our kit for $3500. Its the cheapest way to get a good solid kit that will work the first time and offer long term performance and reliability.

You could piece your kit together from used components for less, but unless your very familiar with turbocharging, you end up with lots of incompatiblities and worn out parts that might be missing some key parts or are at the end of their life span.

Buy an ebay chinese turbo kit if you want/are capable of doing alot of fabrication/welding yourself or are cool with replacing most all of the main parts with quality ones once they implode, leaving you without a means of transportation.

If that 3500 seems like its not in your budget right now, stick to NA bolt ons you can do one piece at a time, some suspension bits, some appearance enhancements maybe. Once you're available discretionary funds are suitable for this investment, then add a turbo. Honestly, you'll save money in the long run by doing it right the first time, and have a usable vehicle, safe and powerful focus!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts