Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 focus se with a auto trans 148k miles on it. the issue is when i start the car in the moarning it runs fine but if i drive it to the store and i go to restart it after its gotten warm it wont start or ideals funny and turns it self off. ive replaced the plug wires and air filter just for regular up keep on the car. the car has no check engine lights so im confused on what it could be i did take the throttle body off to clean it and noticed oil in the the air intake manafold so i cleaned it out .i just replaced the pcv valve and elbow and spark plugs no change

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
It may not fix the problem but have you ever replaced the fuel filter? an does it do it more often when its lower on the gas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am not sure ive not had the car long. today i started it and let it sit for 15 min or so and it started making a funny noise and shut.off would not start waited a while and it started

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i let the car run and watched it for a while with the hood open and saw a slight leak about from the thermostat housing dont know if thats whats doing it or not

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Hmmm.

Check out the spark plugs. They can usually tell you alot about whats going on. Let me know if there is anything other than normal wear on them.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Remove and clean battery terminals. When it's cold, it makes contact, but when it warms up- it doesn't. That's classic loose positive terminal, but I'd check both if I were you. I personally apply grease to my terminals- inside and out- to prevent corrosion. Don't sweat it if you don't have any though.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Is the temperature gauge showing that it's warm?

If that sensor isn't working right the car doesn't KNOW it's warm, it'll run badly, then probably stall - restart no problem once it cools down...

OR if it's overheating, from any of a NUMBER of reasons... Same scenario....

Check the readings & get back to us...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the temp gauge will get to the middle thats the warmist it will get. will the temp senser tell the computer not to let the car start

1 - 10 of 10 Posts