Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi here

I got a 2002 focus wagon (non-se ... dont know if that is pertinent or no) and somehow my truck don't want to open anymore (either from my remote (it's not the battery inside because it can still open all the other door) or the botton inside ... cannot test it with my key since my key doesnt seem to fit into the hole , but the key fit all the other lock. It's a second handed car so maybe there was another key for it , meh))

So yeah it as stop working all of a sudden (like 1h befor i actually used my remote to open it)

My question is : Are there fuses didacated to trunk opening ??? Or any suggestion on how to solve the probleme , since my main key doesn't fit the key hole in the back

P.S sorry for my bad english ... im a french canadian [woot]

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
More than likely it is your umbilicle [that goes between the body and the hatch] that has cracked, shorted, open wires inside

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sounds like the wiring to the hatch has a break in it. Since they flex everytime the hatch is opened and closed they do were out eventually. If you have a manual, look into the wiring daigrams and see which wire goes to the hatch, if is ties to a fuse you can find out if there is one that is blown. I know you won't be able to get to the inner workings until you can get it open, but the key should be the same for evrything, doors, hatch and ignition. If it does not fit then maybe it is worn, unless the previous owner had to replace the hatch and didn't switch the lock mechanism. Sorry if this allot at once, but I wanted to be thorough. Check fuses first, with a meter for continuity, not by looking at them. Then see if you can coax it open, even if you resort to a dealer since they should be able to get you anew key if needed by the vin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx for the answer , i'll try those tommorow , plus ill try to clean the lock with some stuff to see if the key at least enter it ... (now it enter like 1/4 of the key and jam... )

but yeah really fast answering !! thx !!

Edit : nobody got the wiring diagram on the hand ?? lol yeah i know im prolly asking too much for a rookie , meh ill try to google it tomorow !!!! and again thx for the quick answer !!!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I had that problem last year:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236647&highlight=hatch

You can remove the inside plastic on the hatch by crawling back there (it will just pop off) and get to the mechanism........

I forgot exactly how I popped the latch, but it was with a little screwdriver on the mechanism next to the pin. (If I saw it, I'd know how to do it (doesn't help explaining how to do it though))

1 - 5 of 5 Posts