Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 focus hatchback. The other day when driving home the dash gauges and radio stopped working, no speedo, tach, radio. However the airbag light did come on. Tried to restart and it would just click. Junp started it and it started up and drove home. To be safe, bought a new battery. Car drove fine to and from work yesterday, but today after about 5 mins, same thing happened. Any ideas to find the problem? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Checking current battery voltage would be a good place to start.

Check/clean battery terminals & particularly the ground connections to the frame you will see near the battery is an important first step for electrical issues on these.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just went out to see if it would start so i could move it somewhere we can work on it, and it started right up. Everything ran fine, let it run about 5 minutes and no issues. Moved the car and ill start checking wires tomorrow. Odd how it did it and wouldnt start back up, then 45 mins later started no problem.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Symptom of a poor connection somewhere I'm afraid.

Pulling & reinserting the main fuses under the hood is another helpful step to take besides what I mentioned earlier with that symptom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts