Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at a total loss here, I have tried everything I can think of to no avail.

When I push the button on the dash for the heated windscreen I get nothing, no light, no rely click nothing.

I have tried it with and without the engine running

I have checked the ground strap

I have checked the fuses

I have checked the relays

Tested it with a known working button.

Forscan registers that the button is pressed so the button itself is fine but still I get nothing.

I did notice that the wires going to the heated washer jets were broken, could this be causing the heated windscreen to fail?

Anything else I should be checking?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't think we have that model over here, but usually with electrical problems you use a VOM & test light to follow the power from the source to where it ends. The factory shop manual(s) are really helpful.
Good luck with it though, maybe someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't think we have that model over here, but usually with electrical problems you use a VOM & test light to follow the power from the source to where it ends. The factory shop manual(s) are really helpful.
Good luck with it though, maybe someone more knowledgeable will chime in.
The Estate is the European name for, and equivalent to, the Focus Wagon when it was in production here in the USA. Our European colleagues were lucky to get the MK3 Focus Wagon (Estate) while we did not. My avatar pictures one, in red candy.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The Estate is the European name for, and equivalent to, the Focus Wagon when it was in production here in the USA. Our European colleagues were lucky to get the MK3 Focus Wagon (Estate) while we did not. My avatar pictures one, in red candy.
Brain freeze, thought windscreen meant windshield, rear window defogger problem.
Here are some video's:

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
The glass soldering point is the most common fail of heated glass. Two locations.

Then, if the grid line is only one that snakes all over, a simple cut or sever anywhere in that line cuts power to the whole thing unless it has multiple grids and then a cut only kills part of the grid and not the entire thing.

Depending on how they heat the washer jets then that could easily be the same circuit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts