Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently replaced my alternator and the was a Grey plastic post about 2 and a halt inches sticking out from it that the positive battery cable hooked to. Does anyone know what this is for? I also broke it taking the old one out. So when I put the new alternator in I took it off so that I wouldn't break it. Once I got the alternator bolted in I realized I couldn't bolt that plastic post to the new one. So I just bolted the red battery wire directly to the alternator. Is that ok to do? The car seems to be running great.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Ed

·
Registered
17,168 Posts
That will work fine, the gray part is only an extension of that connection BUT make d-mn sure the rerouting angle change you made there clears all parts so nothing can rub the cable or fire city in the future. They intentionally make the metal inside that part thin so it twists in half easy to make you buy more part, another stupid Ford design to make you buy their parts on a regular basis. Don't overtighten the nut and they come loose easier, that nut tends to tighten up with use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts