Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Ford Focus ZX3 with the factory in-dash AM/FM single disk CD Player. I am planning on integrating my iPod using an adapter that plugs into the AUX port on the back of the radio. I am trying to figure out if the factory CD player is compatible with an external source. I called the dealer and they said yes. While there is a connector on the back of the radio, I do not see how to enable that AUX from the front. The reason I need to use the factory radio instead of getting an aftermarket HU is because I live in the city and park on the street.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Search for the iPod connection kit, it's an actual accessory that shows your song information on the head unit, and allows you to not even look at your ipod. Search is your friend, as there is a how to posted.

·
Registered
393 Posts
If I understand your question correctly, you want to know if you can still use the single CD player in the factory radio if you get an AUX converter that plugs into the back.

The answer is yes. Basically, the radio thinks you have a multi-disk player in the trunk from the factory. You press the "CD" button once to play a CD in the single slot and twice to access the multi-disk player (or aux).

I have a PIE AUX converter in my '02. When I use the AUX input, the display reads 1-01 because the converter tricks my radio into thinking it is playing disk one, track 01 from a multi-disk player.

Hope that answers the question.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I understand your question correctly, you want to know if you can still use the single CD player in the factory radio if you get an AUX converter that plugs into the back.

The answer is yes. Basically, the radio thinks you have a multi-disk player in the trunk from the factory. You press the "CD" button once to play a CD in the single slot and twice to access the multi-disk player (or aux).

I have a PIE AUX converter in my '02. When I use the AUX input, the display reads 1-01 because the converter tricks my radio into thinking it is playing disk one, track 01 from a multi-disk player.

Hope that answers the question.
Thank you, you have answered my question. I just wasn't sure how to access the external changer or aux from the buttons on the front of the radio. I am planning to use the Neo ProLink iPod adapter from Neo Car Audio http://www.neocaraudio.com. I think it is similar to the PIE adapter.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yup. The CD button is your friend.

I'm no audiophile, but I have been extremely happy with my setup. Using the adapter for aux through the cd changer plug gives me CD quality sound from my iPod. In my wife's Escape, we had to use the wired FM modulator because there is no input on the back. It's better than the wireless FM transmitter route, but the quality is not nearly as good as the setup in my Focus.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I received the adapter from Neo Car Audio, but it looks like they sent me the wrong cable that connects from the adapter to the back of the radio. I contacted their tech support and am waiting for them to respond. I just want to confirm which radio you have. Mine is a Visteon 4600. I've included a link to a picture below. Is that the same as yours? On the back of mine I have a 12pin port as well as the power and speaker ports. The cable they sent me has a 20pin connector on it.

http://www.caraudio-service.ru/Ford_CDR4600_F82F-18C815-BA_US.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts