Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my dad's car. Run down of info. P0705 code and just replaced the switch. Code still kicks in after xx miles.

1) Sometimes when letting go of throttle and hitting brakes the car jerks your body forward.
2) Going 70 mph on the highway and letting go of the throttle does the same thing.
3) When going up a hill and adding more throttle and the transmission down shifts it slams the gear hard.

Help!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
P0705 is the range sensor. not sure if thats what you meant by switch or you replaced the wrong thing.

from my understanding you need a special tool to remove it. its located at the front of the trans near the pan (you will see if shift cables)

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Turned out to be a loose ground on the left rear blinker light. Go figure! lol
You might want to pull up the bottom of the back seat and look at the wiring harness there. There is supposed to be a ground wire- black with ring terminal- that is landed under a bolt there. If it is loose, then the AT module will find a ground elsewhere in that harness- like the tail light.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks apparently I spoke too soon he still has the hard shifting but the rest of the issues are gone. He will check the ground under the seat!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts