Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It have NO pedal feel. Complete Exedy clutch kit and new clutch Master Cylinder. Gravity bled till no bubbles, pump it to do a traditional bleed, but tit builds no pressure on the pedal. I am at a loss.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Could be a bubble stuck somewhere in the master cylinder, I have heard of this happening. You might have to try a pressure bleed if you don't have any luck

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced the clutch and slave. Had no pedal, so I replaced the master thinking that it was bad as well. I just bought the car, but the shifter was f'd up. but the clutch pedal felt fine, but once i replaced the shifter and tried to move it in gear, I could smell burnt clutch. The clutch disk had fragmented. So i got it all back together, but now have no pedal, as in the pedal travels with no pressure, like nothing is engaging or disengaging. And this is #4 manual Focus, so i have the others to judge pedal feel by. PS, I just replaced the clutch in the SVT, so basically followed the same procedure.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
my apologies, I thought you had replaced them all at once before bleeding and then couldn't get pressure on the pedal.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Bleeding these can be a major PITA, I eventually had luck with a vacuum system/sealant on the bleeder screw threads/lots of time.

Others had luck with the gravity method you mentioned, while some had luck with pressure bleeding from the bleeder screw end as I've heard the factory recommends.

"Bench Bleeding" the master cyl. is another help I've seen mentioned, some swear by pressure bleeding from the master cyl. end.

A few found their new master cyl. just didn't cooperate, and had luck quickly with a replacement for that.

Only "special" tip I can add is that it won't work without the return spring present to bring the pedal back all the way up. If it doesn't return completely, the bleed port won't be opened in the master cyl. & it won't bleed at all.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Good tip Tom. I had to use my hand out of necessity because I had to bleed my clutch as a solo job XD

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Yea I was at my dad's place and no one was around. It wasn't too bad, it warmed me up going back and forth between the clutch and the bleeder lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ended up making a reverse pressure bleeder out of the brake fluid bottle
And the pedal spring is week, so that could have been the initial issue. When I did the svt, I just gravity bled it, and finished off with a couple bleeder openings with the pedal down.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh thats no fun at all, get some one over to help...anyone will do! I would have gone nuts if i had to do the job myself. My bleeder hose didnt want to stay put for starters
I self-bled it, by running the seat up and into a length of bamboo. Must be how Honda guys do it. lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts