Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
focus 2001 se front end damage I had my son in law redo it, the air bag warning light is on code 44 (crash sensor not mounted to vehicle properly) people on focus fanatics says there is no crash sensor mounted on the front of a 2001 but I found a wire on top of the fans coming out of a wiring harness with the end gone (broke off) black and yellow that looks like it would go under the core support but the core support he put in does not have the recess in it for the sensor to mount in.
I went to a local junk yard and got a sensor and plugin but it had brown white wire coming out of it is this broken wire for something else or is it for the crash sensor
Thanks for the help

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Black/yellow wire is for the power steering pressure sensor switch. There should be a plug in the power steering pump for the wire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK then I have to find out what in the world he's got plugged into the power steering pump a lot of the wire ends were missing he replaced ends and plugged them I guess
I'll check it out when my daughter gets home from collage shes driving it
So what makes the air bags go off in a wreck if there's no crash sensor on the front
The code 44 (crash sensor not mounted to vehicle properly) Could the driver side seat belt where it mounts on the door frame cause that, we never replaced it just the passenger side Thanks for the INFO

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
The front sensor is on the passenger side frame rail in the bumper. Not sure who says it's not there, but they are wrong.
If you pull the PS headlight assy you'll see it. Look to the front of the car just a bit.

Or at least in my 2000 and 2001 that's where they are.
The wiring for it runs inside the crash beam (bumper), comes from the drivers side around the radiator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I miss quoted they said it was not on the top of the core support above the radiator behind the hood latch.

I did find a two prong plug behind the ps headlight with a black wire and a green/white wire this may be it but no sensor in the bumper he replaced all of that

So I'll need to back to the junk yard to check it out

Is there a sensor on the driver side also????

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
No, only PS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts