Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I replace the broken white part? I can't accelerate from a stop as slowly as I should be able to and I think this is the problem. It's hard to not break the front tires loose on wet ground.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Either replace it with new or JY part.
Or you could put some tape around it to keep it straight, that would take up the slack.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Either replace it with new or JY part.
Or you could put some tape around it to keep it straight, that would take up the slack.
Thanks for the info. I was hoping someone knew the part number and maybe more info on how to replace it. I don't want to mess it up and make my car inoperable. I have the repair manual but I haven't looked too hard to see if the info is in there or not yet.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
The only way to replace, is with a whole new throttle cable assembly....

IF you're as "broke" as most of us.... find a hunk of plastic sheet (like a piece cut out of a plastic notebook cover for example)... Wrap it tight around the broken part... And clamp it that way with some zip-ties...

Problem solved WITHOUT buying anything expensive...

Luck!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I had to replace one, dealer wants over a hundred dollars. Not a hard job, just have to fish it through the firewall.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI, this part is on sale at Tousley for 1/2 price, $54 or so. Ordered one yesterday, hopefully not too hard to replace.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Unfortunately, the broken white piece isn't going to cause your acceleration issue ... it is not the accelerator cable. The broken one is the cable for the Cruise Control.

Simple solution, disconnect the cruise cable from the TB.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you depress the gas pedal that cable and broken white plastic piece move. I hope it's the throttle cable that I ordered.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The one on the left is for the cruise. The accelerator cable wraps around the cam for the throttle shaft. Cruise just hooks to the side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts