Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just bought my first FORD PRODUCT (I've been a GM fanboi for like 10 years). 2001 SE Focus sedan.

Now I used the search function and read about gauge cluster swapping, and seems straightforward. I have done them before on other cars, but only with analogue odometers.

This Focus has a digital one, so I thought if I swap my non-tach cluster for a tach cluster that the odometer reading would stay the same.

Why would it not? Is the data stored in the cluster itself, and not in the cars ECU? If I get a tach cluster and put it in, is there anyway to reset my mileage to what it should be? With the digital output, I assume there must be some kind of way to do it.

Sorry if I couldn't find this answer on forum search, but I tried many different terms.

Oh, and are they the same for Automatic/manual trans?

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
The data is stored in the cluster. You cold get the cluster reprogrammed, but thats pretty spendy (like +/-$300.) Most people who do a cluster swap buy a cluster with a bit more miles on it than on their cluster, so when they reach that mileage, they just swap them, and keep going.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts