Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front left turn signal stopped working, checked bulb function & determined bulb was bad since with parking/head lights turned on, the bulb was not coming on. Replaced bulb, everything functioned normally for about 2 weeks. However, it recently began the hyperblink when activating left turn signal. I turned left signal on, while looking at front of car from outside I can see left signal is not working, however parking light still works, so I know it's not the bulb this time. I'm stumped, can anyone provide some input? Thanks!

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I can see left signal is not working, however parking light still works, so I know it's not the bulb this time.

That sure sounds like a bad bulb.
The blinkers are a 3157, which is a dual filament lamp. The first filament, lower wattage, is the parking light. The second is a higher wattage and is the blinker.

It may be the housing is getting water inside and the lamp is burning out because of this. On the bottom there are stickers which block off a hole left from the molding process. You'll have to remove the grill to see them.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
^^^Yup, you don't want to assume more than you really know & chase the wrong problem.

You know the parking portion of the bulb is getting good power & ground, so the ground wire to the connector is good as is the power side for parking.

You don't know if the bulb is good on the winker side, if it's making good contact to the bulb connector, or if the connector has good power/ground at it's contacts for the winker portion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts