Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got home from work yesterday after my 23 mile commute and about 10 minutes afterwards noticed two small 2" rounds areas where some fluid or oil was gathered on my driveway...It felt like oil but was clear, and had a very faint scent of radiator, if that makes any sense.

I recently removed the Thermostat Housing replaced the gasket and replaced the thermostat. I also changed the oil, the TPS Sensor, and the Lower Radiator Hose.

I'm perplexed by what fluid / oil it could be...It doesn't look like trans fluid plus it was up front under the engine, dead-center, it does not look like Motor Oil, It was colorless according to the blot on the white paper-towel. I cleaned off the roadgrime from the trans and also cleaned a coolant spill from the bottom of the motor, but thought I'd post and see if anyone had any ideas of what I should specifically look for.

Anyone? [???:)]

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Are you sure it wasn't just the ac dripping? Put some cardboard under the car and track it down that way.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I turned out to be coolant. It was leaking about two tablespoons full. The lower hose clamp was off kilter by 2mm and was leaking as it cooled off...I replaced the factory hose clamp with a nice new adjustable one, and so far so good.

Thanks for the reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts