Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently rebuilding my 2001 focus 2.0 sohc and bought a rebuilt head and I'm not seeing any in the manual on how to make sure the block and head are in the same timing for when I go to pair them back together. Any help in how to knowing how to achieve this would be great. Don't want it to kill my engine if they are not in sequence together. Thanks

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
Don't know what manual you are using but it should be in there............if water pump is old change it or you get to do it again when water pump fails.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Also, make sure to clean out your intake manifold thoroughly. There could be peices of valve seat in there. You don't want those to get sucked back in. Assuming your rebuilding due to a valve seat that is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I have cleaned everything very thoroughly, but thanks for the info. Just want to make sure I have the heads valves on number one so that its in time with piston number one at tdc and just don't know where the valves would be positioned at that time

·
Registered
17,163 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok now that told me all I needed. I was just scared I would mess up the valves if it wasn't timed right together. Thanks

·
Registered
609 Posts
The SOHC/SPI engine is non-interference engine nothing will break, just won't run right or at all, if the timing is off. Simply line the timing marks up on the head and block put the belt on per instructions that come with it and you should be good to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts