Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the rear wheel bearing nuts on a 2000 ZX3 non ABS drum brake both right hand thread, or is one left thread and one right, or both left. Also, am I correct in saying that they take a 30mm socket? Does anyone have a Ford part number for the nuts? More questions later!! Thanks. Brian

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
you can probably get the part number from mike at hilbish ford b16sir

·
Registered
188 Posts
The hub nuts are normal thread. However the retaining hardware that is on the outside that holds the hub nut cover is reverse threaded.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i think front is 31.. rear is 30.. or i could be backwards.

hold on i'll check.

yup.. my orig was correct

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys but.......

Thanks for the info guys but it turned out to be a front bearing which I had the shop that diagnosed the problem do the repairs as it was on my sons car who is 4 hours away at college. I was thinking if it was rears I would take a day off, drive up and do the drum/bearing assemblies as it sounds to be pretty simple. The shop (Midas) charged $313 for the repair and even replaced the axle assembly at no cost when the mechanic accidentally burned up the CV boot when heating up a bolt. Nice of them to NOT try and hose me for that part by saying it was bad and needed to be replaced as well. When I was talking with the service manager about it possibly being a rear bearing he said his supplier didnt list drums with bearings pre-installed but if I wanted to get them from NAPA or somewhere else he would install them and check everything out for $50, which I thought was a good deal. I guess there are still some honest mechanics out there!! Thanks again for the info!! Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts