Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced both front lower control arms on my 2000 ZX3 and now I have wicked negative camber like they are too big. The car is not driveable. They were cheap Duralast parts, but geez, you'd think they would fit. Is it possible that these are the wrong control arms for this car? This is my commuter and I just need it to be reliable. I decided to replace the control arms because the ball joints were shot and am now thinking I will just put in the old ones ,which have good bushings, with new ball joints. I will be pulling them out and setting them on my old ones to see if they match up. Aargh!
Any ideas as to why the camber is so different after replacing them? Are there different sized LCAs between models?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Although my posts are not public yet, as I am new here, I thought I would at least post a follow-up.
So I pulled out the new LCAs and found that the ball joints are not identical to the originals. The arm is welded lower and the entire unit is shaped different, lifting the bottom of the tire up higher. I will post pics showing the difference. I am going to get some ball joints that match up and will report if everything is good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts