Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i can stick my key into the ignition, but i cant even turn on the accessories let alone start my car, so i have to take it to a dealer to have it replaced, anyone else have this problem? or heard of it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check the steering lock, rotate the steering wheel while turning the key to get the tumbler or whatever it is to become unwedged.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
This has been a common issue among alot of the Foci... there is a problem with the locking cylinders in the car. Its a fairly simple fix that takes about an hour or so if you do it yourself.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
PM me for this, i have done well over 300 of these...........John, im hurt man, you didnt even mention me brother, lol

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
My Apologies...... luv U man!!!

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
^^lol^^

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how do i do it, cause i just called up a dealership to come tow it off base and replace the ignition...

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
well there different ways to possibly get one last single turn of the ignition and if you can turn it ever so slightly you can remove it easily if not you have to drill the area of the key channel to drop all the tumblers out once out vaccum the debris out and you should be able to turn it to release it

And Mike my man :D I spam yer name so much Ive actually memorized your name/forum name/and 1800 ford parts number LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts