Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I understand back in the day, Ford recalled the fuel sending units/fuel pumps on these bad boys (2.0 Zetec DOHC) and I think I'm having the same issue, but don't wanna fix what ain't broke, right? [paranoid]
Anyways, she's been pretty good for the month-ish I've owned her, but just recently, she's been idling really low and it's almost as if she wanted to stall (clutch fully depressed, i've checked hundreds of times already. Cable's ideally tight and everything else related to it is good as well)
I noticed on the records from the car (single owner before me) that he had the sending unit/fuelie replaced a grand total of 3 times VIA warranty and all were because of similar characteristics I'm having now... [nutkick]

Also, just installed an AEM Typhoon Cold Air intake (short ram) and did the proper reset (battery disconnect, etc) and she idled fine for the first 3 hrs on the highway home, but then acted up when I stopped for gas... Then again, she was really warm and I had not gone under 120 for that whole 3 hours of driving...
Anyone know of a fool-proof way to fix this problem or a better way to control it?

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Try replacing the fuel filter before doing anything further with the pump. The typical symptom of a bad pump was stuttering (fuel starvation) during hard, sloping right handers, not an erratic idle problem.
If you've just fitted a new intake, check for vacuum leaks you may have accidentally introduced into the system: check the MAF is properly seated and intake sleeve connections are tight. That's more likely to be the source of any idle problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts