Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so last night i jacked the car up and was investigating the suspension parts and i noticed the wheel is nearly impossible to turn! i notice the car is a little slow on the bottom end and requires a pretty good amount of gas to get moving. not to mention when i let off the break and im on a hill (manual transmission) it barley rolls backwards...

also when in neutral it decelerates pretty fast. however the breaks are very good and powerful

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm assuming that you're talking about the front brakes. The next time you have about half an hour, jack the front up and take the wheels off and see if the pads are "sticking" to the rotor. What I mean by that is see if the pads are rubbing on the rotor itself, if it is, then see if you can open the caliper more. I Took my calipers off a little while ago so I can't exactly say, but it defiantly sounds like the caliper to me. Let's see if someone else chimes in, and see what they say

·
Registered
739 Posts
How much you wanna bet your caliper slider pins are seized. Just had this problem on my fiance's 2009. The previous owner had replaced the brake pads and must have gotten some dirt on the slider pins. One of them was seized up pretty good. Scrubbed all the nasty stuff caked off of it and put some new caliper grease on there and it was good to go.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm assuming that you're talking about the front brakes. The next time you have about half an hour, jack the front up and take the wheels off and see if the pads are "sticking" to the rotor. What I mean by that is see if the pads are rubbing on the rotor itself, if it is, then see if you can open the caliper more. I Took my calipers off a little while ago so I can't exactly say, but it defiantly sounds like the caliper to me. Let's see if someone else chimes in, and see what they say
ok, so you mean like take the pads out and see if i can push the piston in more?

ill try that and put some grease and anti seize lube on the slide pins and see where i get.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i went and did all this, not i gotta get new pads but so far i think its working pretty good. it rolls a lot more on slight inclines and isnt so tricky to leave from a stop. i jacked it up again after a 10 minute ride and its not rubbing, well atleast not as bad, it is still a tiny bit harder to turn then the driver side but its a huge difference. now lets just hope it stays that way...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts