Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone can help me. I am fairly new to car repair and the Focus. I need a diagram or labeled picture of what I'm looking at when I open my hood. I can't seem to find any good diagrams online. I would like to know how to find the various parts of my car when Im looking either down at the engine compartment or up from the ground. I can find the easy parts but I need a diagram that shows me thing like exhaust manifold, intake manifold, pcv valve, O2 sensor, etc.
if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.
Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Exh. manifold is on the front of the zetec, stock it's covered with a heat shield that helps protect nearby parts & prevent severe burns from an accidental touch - don't try it as it's still quite hot in many places.

Intake at the rear (plastic manifold) with the throttle body found where the piping from the intake enters - throttle cables attach there.

PCV valve is on the front of the engine behind the exh. - you'll see a metal housing (oil separator) with the pcv & hose attached. goes to a metal tube around the side of the engine & rubber hose to the intake. Separate crankcase ventilation hose from valve cover to air box.

O2 sensors on the exh., cylindrical items that screw in & have wires coming out of them - only thing to the exh. that meets the description.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I appreciate that. Those were just a few examples of things I needed but I'm really still looking for a diagram or labeled picture of the engine compartment if anyone has one or knows where to find one. I've been all over the internet looking and can't find one. I guess the next step is to pony up some $$$ and buy a repair manual and look there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts