Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, been a minute since I've had to ask something, but this one I did not read a whole lot on.

All the speeds on my fan blower for the inside do not work, I pulled the resistor behind the glove box, and tested it for continuity, and it gave me a beep.

So what else would cause it to stop working, and is there any way to check the blower motor itself? I know how to get it out, just is there a test to be done with a voltage meter?

Thanks guys,

Djzx3

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Main fuse gone, or No continuity at the blower motor....

Check for power at the motor of course, but with good results at the resistors the motor itself is suspect unless the main fuse is blown....

P.S - Blower should show continuity with low resistance if OK....

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, so I took the blower out, and she looks to be in pretty good condition, and it passed the continuity test.

EDIT: I checked the main fuse in the engine bay, I took it out and everything, and it passed a continuity test too?

So what else could it be? Could the controls on the dash be bad? And can that be checked?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Start at the basics - is there power to the fan?????

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay well I got to put the resistor back in, so it will have to wait till tomorrow, but I'll report back.

Thanks for the help so far sailor.

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That^ is what I'm thinking is going on here, because it looks pretty beat up.

I'll wake up here. and go check the power at the blower and then we should have a idea.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Keepin' at it

That^ is what I'm thinking is going on here, because it looks pretty beat up.

I'll wake up here. and go check the power at the blower and then we should have a idea.
Sounds good, and you've probably hit the proverbial nail on the head after checking the "easier" and more common failure points - won't be the FIRST bad switch.... (grin)

Goin' to pound on my issue some more, check back later!

Luck!

[cheers]

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, so it turns out I'm not getting power to the blower. So does that mean the switch is bad? Or is there other places to look?

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Checking the one with the numbers on it? Cause there is like four plugs back there, one for each dial, and then one that kinda looks like a fuse or diode but it has two wire's running into it?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
And for a "stupid" check, recheck the fuse by checking for power at BOTH sides of it - tha good thing about blade fuses is that they DID give you a hole for a probe on each side....

Even one that LOOKS good can be bad....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts