Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at installing a 2000 ported intake on my 2003 ZX3 but I was wondering if anyone has done this on a 2003 or has looked at the 2003 intake to see if the 2000 ported intake is any better [?]
The reason I ask is the that 2003 TB does not have the tabs like the older Foci and did not require any porting. It's nice and smooth inside. So I'm wondering if they changed the 2003 intake to be any better or if it's the same as the older foci [?]
[whip]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Still port the TB! I still think the 2003 sucks like the rest. The 200 is a bigger difference than you think. The car feels much better! Port it yourself and save. Get it here: www.fordnewparts.com

Look up the Escape intake. Same thing as 2000 Focus

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
How far do you plan on modding your engine, if you plan to go heavy n/a or fi power, don't bother wasting money on a 2000, it may flow better than later model zetecs, but you'll still get bottlenecked in the end run and would have to buy an aftermarket intake manifold.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My future plans are to get a JRSC and whatever is required to make the mod.
I still would like to know if anyone has looked at a 2003 intake to see if it's different than the older intakes.
[whip]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts