Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2000 SE with SPI. When I engage the cruise, the green light goes on, but the car won't hold it's speed.
All three brake lights are working.
Did the cruise diagnostic and after I push the ON button the first time, the light blinks. Then no more flashes when I continue to push the other buttons in sequence.
Could use some guidance.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
With the light on, the system is TRYING to work, so I suspect the cable to the throttle from the cruise actuator, OR the cruise actuator itself....

Luck!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, ATX.
No fuses checked yet. Still doing some research. Will be sure to check them tomorrow.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was also thinking cable or servo. Little loose at the TB. I will have to compare it to my other car.

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
The self diagnostic, if "static" tests run successfully, should attempt to operate the cc cable and move the throttle via the speed control actuator unit (servo).
pm me if you need a Ford diagnostic flowchart; it's fairly involved and lengthy but should help pinpoint your problem.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since BC_ZX3 sent me the flowchart for diagnosing this thing, I found out the actuator is bad. When doing the self-test originally, I wasn't doing it fast enough in the allotted time. I got 4 flashes after the SET button.
I will check the connections but I'm not hopeful. Seeing as how bad of shape this car was in when I picked it up. Mouse nest in the intake, luckily before the air filter. Already replaced shocks/struts, LCA, all motor mounts, and the list goes on.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a computer/servo from the jy. It does not work either. I pulled the one from my 02 Focus and ran the static test on it and it worked.
This was the last module the jy had, so now on the hunt for another used one.
Do you think I could just swap the computer part off the servo?
Is this what typically goes bad? Inside looked to be clean and moving freely.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got one that worked from a pick and pull.
Thanks for the help.
Now off to repairing the AC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts