Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, what really is the difference between the 2000 intake and the 2001+ intake? I can clearly see they look allot different, but do these flow better? Will it help with my mods?

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Its questionable what it will do for you with the supercharger...intake manifolds typically don't yield much of a gain in N/A applications, but its a different ballgame when the air is being pushed through the system instead of drawn in. I would think you'd at least see a few extra HP/TQ at the wheels, if not more. The 2000 IM is supposed to be better-flowing than the later ones. You should definitely get a before and after dyno and see what it does for you.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
apparently the 2000 intake was either larger or smoother inside, resulting in better flow....I would look for one in a junkyard...I had a 2000 ZTS, but I never got that far into it before I killed her....

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
^
Much smoother inside...and I also believe that the 2K intake has independent runners while the later IMs have two shared runners that branch out to each cylinder.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=725908

The one on the left with the TB attached is the 2000...if you look at it, the runners aren't molded from two pieces like the other. Which means the inside is going to smoother, also, if you look at the "bends" in the runners they're much more subtle in the 2K intake.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can definetly see its smoother, I've got a few things to install. Once I'm done and dynoed I'll do a before and after intake manifold.

I'll probably do 3 back to back pulls for refference and the same for the comparison. This way its going potentially show a true gain if any.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts