Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an early 2000 intake manifold and the vacuum line from my brake booster doesn't seem to want to connect to the IM. Can someone take a pic of the brake booster connection so I can see what I'm doing wrong (or what I'm missing)?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I still need help! Here's a picture of the connection that I'm having trouble with (the photo is from the bottom).

Am I missing a clip? Or does the brake booster line go somewhere else? What am I missing?

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
I think - not positive - that Ford changed the way the hose is attached when the changed the manifold design.
So to answer your questions: On the later models, they used a quick disconnect type fitting with no clips (kinda like an air hose quick-disconnect fitting); yes, that is the correct port for the brake booster; I think you may have to jury rig something - your later model hose isn't meant to connect to that early manifold port. You might want to try an early style hose (not sure if there will be problems at the brake booster end though) or use an early style hose end and some kind of vacuum proof splice.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think - not positive - that Ford changed the way the hose is attached when the changed the manifold design.
So to answer your questions: On the later models, they used a quick disconnect type fitting with no clips (kinda like an air hose quick-disconnect fitting); yes, that is the correct port for the brake booster; I think you may have to jury rig something - your later model hose isn't meant to connect to that early manifold port. You might want to try an early style hose (not sure if there will be problems at the brake booster end though) or use an early style hose end and some kind of vacuum proof splice.
I think you're right. I pulled out the plug from the IM and slid the hose in...and it stayed in place! I'll never get it out now but I don't care lol! Thanks for the quick response.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
so how far are you from completion??? i wanna see this beast!!! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts