Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 ford focus sedan locked my keys in my car in Dayton, Ohio area. I live less than a mile from:

Walmart
5501 Leyden Lane
Huber Heights Ohio 45424

Tried calling around a few places the cheapest I found is 50$ any one know any one cheaper?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
17,540 Posts
FYI, the door latch has a cover over the interior linkage to prevent slim jims from grabbing the link..............anti-theft feature.

·
Registered
17,540 Posts
He has no more magic than you..................you should be asking 'how much damage will he do getting there?'

If a truck with the hoist then all he does is lift front of car off ground and tow it. If the kind where they drag entire car up on it then they may well drag car up with trans in park to damage things. Not their fault, you did it. If you told them locked out on the phone call, they may send the proper type of truck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Most tow companies also provide lock out service. They will use an air wedge with a long bar called big easy. When I towed, I could get into any car, damage free with in 15 seconds. Slim jims ate a thing of the past with all side impact air bags nowadays

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Also on a side note,

Dayton has the worst tasting water that I've ever had.

A tow company that does lockouts is your best option.

·
Registered
17,540 Posts
'Slim jims ate a thing of the past with all side impact air bags nowadays'

Amen brother, it's just that the conventional wisdom takes twenty years to die the hard death. So many bought slimjims and brought them back when they didn't work we were running a rental service on them. EVERYONE wanted them and EVERYONE then brought them back. Didn't matter if you told them ten times it wouldn't work, they had to experience that frustration for themselves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts