Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently after my Focus has been sitting for a few years, I decided to get it back on the road. It runs great now. About a month ago, I had to replace the blower motor because the old one was toast and kept blowing the fuse under the hood. After replacing it, the air worked great for about a month until sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't. Now it just won't work at all no matter what setting it is on. However, you can feel the slightest amount of air come out of the vents so that leaves me to believe the blower motor is still good. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,606 Posts
The old motor may have damaged your blower switch. The usual problems of a bad resistor block or motor bearings would not be applicable here since you have replaced the motor and it doesn't work on position 4. So, that leaves the switch. Check the voltage on the motor with switch in position 4. No voltage equals bad switch (assumes good fuse).

Circuit diagram is here:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329049

·
Registered
17,321 Posts
Hot wire motor directly as well to check it. Don't discount the Chinese motors we're getting now, I saw some of them go bad in as little as a week. You just can't get a GOOD blower motor any longer at all. Best of the best only blow at like 2/3 speed of an OEM one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All good now. I feel like an idiot lol. Pulled the plug, 14 volts. I plugged the back in, turn the car on, the air works. Even when I plugged it back in I realized its too easy to pull out. Lesson learned. I never really had it connected good to start with. All it needed was a really good push.

·
Registered
17,321 Posts
Sometimes it's good to be an idiot, one learns more from that................

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Not to worry, you did the smart thing - LOOKED at it before guessing & buying parts....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts