Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 2000 ford focus lx with a 2.0 sohc engine, the problem that I am having is the part of the pcv hose that goes into the back of the block, the 90 degree elbow that connects the hose to the block has burnt into, i put black electrical tape on it but it is still causing a engine code saying my o2 sensors are bad, I called ford and they want $45 for that whole new hose, is there anywhere else besides ford that I could go to get that hose, or that little 90 degree elbow? If i cant thats fine but I am just trying to spend the least amount of money to get it fixed, and I just dont see the justice in spending that much for a piece of rubber and plastic, any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Eric

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
Mine did the same thing and i went to oreilys and paid 10 dollars for one. Its not the exact one but it looks just like it and fits and works.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
Give Mike a call at Hilbish Ford 1-800-849-0233. You have specifically ask for Mike and state that you're an FF member to get a discount on parts.

BTW, Last time I heard, Mike is bit under the weather and don't know if he's back at work yet. Give them a call anyway, he may have someone reputable taking his place for the time being.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
thats if u dont mind waiting awhile to get it but the oreilys one is a quick fix and lasts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
focus freak 09 you dont by chance have the part # for that hose you got from orileys do you? let me know thanks again Eric

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
no i dont man sorry all i did was go in there and show them what i needed and they pointed me to the isle and the guy came and showed me one that looked just like it. Call your local oreillys and ask them.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
or try this i got this off the website which is the one where i live might be different for you PCV2346

·
Registered
16 Posts
well mine broke long ago i just bought fuel hose from auto zone and hose clamps works fine i just keep an eye on it and i have replaced it one time in the last three or four years. give me a minute i'll find a pic

·
Registered
1 Posts
NAPA has this pcv elbow

Yes this thread was last replied to 4 years ago as of this writing. However after having experienced this problem myself I happened upon this thread and found the Dorman part number previously cited. I crossed that to a part number for the NAPA Auto Parts store locally. BK 715-1783.
The part cost me around $7 and some change. Best part? Exact fit! Well that and not buying a whole hose assembly from Ford for almost $40![cheers]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts