Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2000 Ford Focus Kona Edition for a commuter car. Looking to maximize my gas mileage. It is an automatic with cruise control.....other than the standard driving techniques are there any mods that I can look into to increase the mileage. So for I have been avg about 30 miles to the gallon. I drive 90 miles a day. All Highway.....

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Check you other post. It is a replacement filter for the stock airbaox that flows a lot better than the reg filter. It is also washable and reusable. Check them out at any parts store.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
please only post 1 question once... thre is no need to post the same thing more than once, and for sure no more than twice....

·
Registered
732 Posts
this is how it works

ford focus chat- means anyone with a focus can ask any focus related question

zetec chat-means if u have a zetec engine, post there n ask questions

SVT chat- ppl with an svt post there

PZEV chat-ppl with pzev engine post there

Focus Showroom-post pics or your focus

Forced Induction -Post about turbos, supercharges, nitrous (don't call it NOS)

Exterior and lighting mod- post about body kits, mirrors, ect...and about lights

interior chat -post about seats, steering wheels, dash kits, ect

DIY chat - post about do-it-yourself ideas that you have

Wheel,tire,brake,suspension chat -post about wheel mods, brake mods, tire mods, suspension shit

car audio and electronic- post about ur subwoofers, cd players, sound system set ups

auto detailing chat -post about waxing,cleaning, ur car

racing and autocross chat- post about races, ect...

general chat - post about anything here

photshop chat- post pics of a photshop pic of a car u did

reginonal forums -go there n go to your part of the state, and post there

group purchases and sale vednors - CANT POST THERE UNLESS YOU OWN A COMPANY AND ARE SELLING STUFF

buy/sell/trade -post stuff for sale here, or trade, or buy stuff

want to buy- post here if you wanna buy sumtin, like "I wanna buy a cd player", maybe someone will sell u one

vedor,dealer reviews- post about ur experiance with the dealers u bought stuff from

feeback center- post there if ur having a problem, like posting pics or sumtin

test center- post there to test posting pics, ect

If you post in the wrong chat section, a Moderator can, and most likely will move it to the right section

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the information.....I will make note of it.....sorry to have been a pain my first time on.....

·
Registered
732 Posts
nah man its cool, jus tryin to help ya out...cuz sum ppl on here would bich u out [:)]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Check your tire press often, you can try running a little higher pressures but keep an eye on wear pattern.
Use synthetic oils
Make sure alighnment is good
Keep car clean and wax it a few times a year.
Keep all the maint up to date
Don't carry unnessasary crap in the car, lower weight helps everything.
Don't use a/c, but that might not be an option for you.

It's pretty hard to get more MPG, if there were any "easy" way to improve that number Ford would have done it.
You can spend ton of cash on performance mods that also happen to improve mileage a little but a 300 dollar exhaust to get 1mpg is going to take a long time to pay for itself.
K&N or ITG replacement air filter will pay for itself in what would have been two stock air filter changes and might get you 1mpg. If all you want is better mileage the list above is a good start.

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
no, you get better aerodynamics if you sell the roof rack to me. Besides, i spelled roof rack right which he did not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry, do not have a roof rack, it was not with the car....I am looking for one in the "Wanted" Forum, otherwise I will just try and find one in the junk yard or by a new one from the factory ($250.00).......

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
you will see the best gains if you modify your intake/exhaust system. If you get a larger diameter more free flowing cat-back exhaust, you'll see another 1-2mpg, if you don't want it loud and racey, you can get a focussport stealth system(very quiet) also get a new complete intake (volant, aem, iceman, focus central are big brands) and a new 65mm throttlebody would help too. keep about 35lbs of tire pressure in your tires, alignment, balancing, clean aerodynamic car, get out weight you don't need too. new sparkplug wires/plugs would help too, the stock's aren't all that great. ford racing 9mm's and autolite platinum plugs.

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
and sell me your roof rack when you get it.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
llama_in_a_focus said:
no, you get better aerodynamics if you sell the roof rack to me. Besides, i spelled roof rack right which he did not.
I was looking all over my car, and through the owner's manual trying to figure out what a rook rack was.

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
shut up! i want it to mount rally lights to!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts