Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a 2000 focus. It has 48000km and its goin for $9,800... Am i getting a good price for the vehicle? Additionally,are there any concerns or problems i should be made aware for this year focus?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I bought my 2000 ZX3 last year for 10500$ cdn, about the same km and air conditioning. I had to replace the power steering "rack and pinion" (500$) and the transmission could be in better shape (there's a tractor noise at low gear).

You should try to look at a 2001 model. I'm sure you can find one for about the same price. It depends on the equipment. And are you looking for the ZETEC?

·
Registered
176 Posts
be sure to get a zetec and not a SPI.
the Zetec has about 10x more potential for power and a much bigger aftermarket.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Actually it's a bit high for a 4 year old car, but really it varries on the trim level it is.

My 1st question is:
what Province are you in ? if it's B.C. then yeah, it's an ok price.
Q# 2:
What model of Focus is it ? Sedan (LX, SE,SE Sport, ZTS), Wagon(SE,SE Sport), 3door hatch(ZX3{no fog lights}, ZX3 Hot{with Fog lights})
Q#3:
what options are you looking for in a car ? - ie. automatic tend to cost more when they are up for re-sale because they are automatic.
Q#4:
Do you plan on modding it ?
Q#5:
Are all the Recall notices delt with / repaired & none outstanding / up to date on the car ?

I've delt with car dealers for years, & I know how to appraize them on the current market values both high & low ends.

I have to agree with Slyfocus on this one in making sure the car has a Zetec engine insted of the crappy SPI. The Zetec has less recalls related to engine problems, & dose have more pick up & go appeal if your looking for that.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The book on this car is $5800-$6800, it's not worth more than $7000. Although keep in mind the problems in this year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts