Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happens intermitently about 3 maybe 4 times a year. You get in the car, warm/cold, having just driven it or first thing in the morning with it cold. Start it, put it in gear and move. The trans feels like it disengages and then re-engages. It feels like it goes into neutral for just a moment. Almost like a solenoid releasing all the pressure and then re-pressurizing the system. My question is what could it be? Trans fluid is pink and used, but not brown and really dirty. It doesn't smell burned. The trans fluid level is full. Let me know guys and thanks!

·
Registered
17,167 Posts
I've had one do it going into reverse, back up 2-4 feet and suddenly nothing then a hard hit. Then instantly back to normal. Solenoid I assume, it then goes back to working fine for months on end until it does it again. Done it like 3 times now in the last couple years.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thats exactly what mine is doing! I would like to know if anyone has fixed this problem because I plan on giving this car to my son and I want it in good working order.

·
Registered
17,167 Posts
Rare enough there will be no indicator of what is wrong. Could literally be several things. I doubt if any dtc will show not bad long enough and the PCM is tuned to ignore stuff like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts