Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that this is a common thing with the focus. I have what seems to me is too low of an idle.

with the car warmed up in neutral I have an idle of 700 rpm and in gear it drops to 650 rpm.

I am using an OBD2 scan tool to get the real time rpm readings, no MIL codes, no pending codes.

I have checked the PCV hose & it's not collapsed, I have checked for vacuum leaks with carb cleaner and there are none. I cleaned the TPS with no difference, I know the IAC is functioning because at a cold start it's around 1300 rpm and then it idles down, when I kick the a/c on the rpm's go up by about 50+or- so it is adjusting the idle. I also ran a can of seafoam through the intake & fuel tank with no difference.

What else is there? The idle is just too low & it feels like it's shaking at a light which is very annoying. any help would be very appreciated.

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Your idle speed isn't that far off spec (750rpm +-50 IIRC), depending on which engine you have. A low idle shake can be exaggerated by a failing/failed front hydraulic engine mount. If the car isn't in danger of an imminent stall, perhaps look there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hesitation in low idle

Turborich, I have exactly same situation as you, today I have replaced the last driver mount, now all 3 are new; but also fixed pcv hose which was colapsed.
After that I still had significant hesitation and when I look under hood I hear a noise""thickin" near throtle body.
then I decided to replace pcv bought a week ago in alocal store for 1 dlls, I got a new Don from autozone.....hesitation improved but it is still present.

searching in the web I somebody mentioned something related to intake runner control valve.
My car runs so good, but in the stop is the hesitation problem.

I will keep looking to solve it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts