Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all.
I am having trouble with a 2000 focus. I cleaned the pcv valve to cure the stumbling at idle problem. Now it seems that the upshift from 1-2 is delayed. Like you have to lift off of the gas pedal to get it to shift. 2-3 does not feel right either. No codes pertaining to transmission. I did get the lean bank 1 code. I think it was p0701, not sure. Also, I notice that the TPS is registering 20.3% open when hooked up to scanner. Idle is also kind of high. About 1000 rpm's in drive. Fluid is full and not burned..
Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.
TYIA
Blessings

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you benkap. It has never been serviced. Are you recommending filter and fluid change. My concern with that if it is, is that the tranny has never been serviced. Having witnessed trannys that came in to my friends tranny shop (no Longer has it), some trannys would fail after the change due to the "metal" in the fluid making things "work". It was told to me that it was not doing that until I cleaned the pcv valve and replaced the hose to the pvc at the manifold. Idle is kind high. I was thinking the the TPS is out and causing "bad commands" to the tranny.
Thank you for the reply!
Blessings

1 - 3 of 3 Posts