Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey... are there any factory units that I can swap with my factory that at least have an aux input? I know I could replace the unit for aftermarket but am curious on what my factory options are. Thanks!

·
BLÄKNBLÜƎ
7,146 Posts
I dont think there are any other factory radios available...aftermarket is the only route to go if you want a aux input
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Carfreak is right, at least for the 2000-2006 year foci. Even the fullly upgraded stereos in the svt didn't have an Aux, but when cars were being built back then Ipods and stuff were just coming out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was using an iSimple PXDP ipod adapter on my stock 01 focus radio before i went aftermarket. It worked great. Look it up from PAC-audio.com. May be willing to sell it.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
you may actually be able to do it with the Blaupunkt one. I haven't seen one in a while, but If I remember correctly it has the third blug on it that you can make an aux harness for or get one from peripheral electronix

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
ive got my blaupunkt right here next to me and it has no aux, willing to sell it for 15bucks plus shipping though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the Blaupunkt- doesn't it need the entire Blaupunkt system to work? For instance, I've heard if this with Bose systems and for my Expedition I have the Mach audio. If I ever wanted to change out a component, it would all have to be changed out. Also- I'm guessing the Blaupunkt just had a cleaner more powerful head? Does it have a CD player?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
i dont think you would have to change anything extra out would just need to wire it and the harness in the focus 2000-2004 should plug right in from what im told

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
you may actually be able to do it with the Blaupunkt one. I haven't seen one in a while, but If I remember correctly it has the third blug on it that you can make an aux harness for or get one from peripheral electronix
your saying the 3rd plug inwich if im not mistaken is for the cd changer right?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm definitely interested in your Blaupunkt. Is it true that I would need this because it has the CD changer control (to use for aux in and/or iPhone/iPod control)?

Also- want to double check if anyone has heard that a swap to blaupunkt would work with no problems/upgrading needed.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I'm definitely interested in your Blaupunkt. Is it true that I would need this because it has the CD changer control (to use for aux in and/or iPhone/iPod control)?

Also- want to double check if anyone has heard that a swap to blaupunkt would work with no problems/upgrading needed.
well, dont know how to wire it for that but from my understanding it is plug and play for the swapping it to your car. and i got some one wanting it already, sent me a pm a while ago. srry, if he doesnt end up getting it ill let you know.

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
I was using an iSimple PXDP ipod adapter on my stock 01 focus radio before i went aftermarket. It worked great. Look it up from PAC-audio.com. May be willing to sell it.
This works. somewhere btw $50-$100 if im remember correctly. hell I gave one away @ FF2011 in august. <---aux "T" harness.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I installed a Blau in my 05 St. Just needed harnesses for the car and the HU. Works great, but isn't compatible with the steering column remote controls.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts