Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble finding a accurate wiring diagram indentifying
the wires that are present on the OEM power harness on my zx3.
I really just need to know what the wires in the factory harness
DO and where those wires need to get connected to on the Blaupunkt
head unit. I already have the adapter for the speaker wires and the
power harness but the power harness adapter doesnt seem to match up.

By fastfitzy

By fastfitzy

By fastfitzy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have those harness adapters but the grey power harness adapter doesnt match up with my factory cd player harness, what i really need is a PinOut diagram for the 2000 model stock cd player and then I can handle it from there

·
Registered
278 Posts
call crutchfield they can help u. their number is on the website crutchfield.com

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
How does the power harness adapter not match up? Can you take some pics of what you are talking about?

Mike

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
maybe u dont have the right harness or maybe u should buy an aftermarket stereo which would be easier to put in then having to figure out what wire is what

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The grey adapter that should connect to the stock power harness has the wires in different locations compared to the stock harness. If I could find the pinout diagram for the 2000 stock cd player I can make the adjustments to the adapter myself, but I cant find an accurate diagram or schematic for the stock power harness wiring. If you look at the black power harness it has 5 active pin connects, 1.orange/blk, 2. Blk/ylw, 3. ylw/grn, 4. blk/orange, 5. blk/grn. the first four are in line and then a gap then the blk/green and then another gap. The grey harness here is exactly what I have and as you can see it has 1. ylw, GAP 2. red, 3. Orng, GAP, 4. Blk, 5. blue, 6. Blu/wht

http://cgi.ebay.com/2000-2001-2002-Ford-Focus-Radio-Harness-Adapter_W0QQitemZ200246579282QQihZ010QQcategoryZ50552QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262#ebayphotohosting

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe u dont have the right harness or maybe u should buy an aftermarket stereo which would be easier to put in then having to figure out what wire is what
I bought the same set of harness adapters that have been previously used by others to upgrade thier HU to the Blaupunkt. If some can just help me identify what the wires are on the black power harness as shown abouve then it will be a piece of cake,.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
oh ok well are there any audio shops close to u? if there is maybe run by there and let me check it out or call them and explain it to them. Sorry i couldnt help just keep searching on here and on google

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem Solved. I went to the Ford dealership and was given the scematics and connector diagrams for my foci and for the blaupunt hu, I also have an improvement to the previously reference adapter instructional.

http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid=64

I would like to know where to post scanned pics of these diagrams to help others?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts